CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Baggers and Texters

Now that I've turned 40...(yes, happened last week. Did some partying. Saw a band, drank too much. Was fun. But I digress....) I feel that I can be cranky old broad. Here goes...

Ok, so a couple of things I need to get off my chest. WHY THE HELL DO BAGGERS CLEARLY NOT RECEIVE ANY TRAINING? I don't understand, baggers used to know how to bag. Now, they don't seem to have a clue and it DRIVES.ME.NUTS. I mean, it really, really bugs. They put all the heaviest stuff together, my bags break, soaps and cleaners in with food, mix dry goods and not dry goods, I could go on. I mean, COME ON PEOPLE. At the risk of sounding like a control freak, I would prefer to bag myself. I can't tell you how many times my bags have broken. All the more reason to go to Trader Joe's where they have paper bags with handles. Then again, I've had a few bags overstuffed there as well. It seems to be universal.

My other big pet peeve is when my DH puts items (paper towels, coffee, etc.) on the highest shelves in the kitchen, which I'd estimate to be about 6.5 feet up. There is no way I can reach these and god knows, every second counts in my day. I don't have time to go find a stepping stool. I just think him being tall and all, he just doesn't stop to consider the fact that he's married to a woman who's 5 3" with short arms.

Ok, so my final peeve. The lack of customer service out there is astonishing. My experience yesterday at Best Buy was no exception. I wasn't expecting much, but I've had better experiences there. First of all, I had to approach 3 salesmen to help me when there was no one in the store. I could barely understand the guy as he mumbled things to me. He didn't explain things well and was answering his own cell phone ("yeah? what's up? working" was the conversation I had the joy to listen to) while waiting on me. I was ready to walk out, but at that point, was so invested in the whole thing, didn't have the energy. The best part was when I was changing my plan and he asked me if I text much. (I know it's generational, but I just don't get the texting thing. Email yes. PMing, yet. Texting? Notsomuch. )

I could tell by the look on his face that he already knew the answer. You poor, clueless old broad was all over his face. He was talking in terms of 100's of texts per month and I answered about 2 per month. Guess I won't be needing the "unlimited texting" package.

That single moment made me feel older than anything I've experienced thus far.

No comments: