CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Haircut for one, please?

Last few weeks have been intense. I turned 40, Sofia turned 3, my head is spinning. Later this week, Steve's 48th (can you believe it?)

Good times were had by all on Friday night when we went to watch "Hot for Teacher." Drinks were consumed. To say I was hurting on Saturday would be putting it mildly. Ah well, you only turn 40 once, right?

I did get my long desired Blackberry (a.k.a Crackberry) and am in love with it.

But enough about me.

The boys are like little elves. They follow each other everywhere, are into everything. There isn't a gate or obstacle they can't get around. Sofia was never much into that level of exploring/destroying, so this whole boy thing is a new one for me. No walkers yet, but I think we are very, very close.

We decided to give David his first haircut this weekend. His little head just couldn't carry off the huge hair he was starting to sport. It hadn't reached mullet status yet, but it was looking a bit Liza Minelli-ish for my taste. We decided to leave William's as is. His large head size (not to mention shape) really needs all the hair it can get to conceal. Plus, it still looks pretty cute the way it is.

I am a licensed cosmo, but male cutting is not my forte. Still, I gave at it while he munched on snacks in the high chair. He did well for most of the cut, but at the end was pulling away from so I did the best I could. It'll do. He doesn't look like a baby anymore. *sniff sniff* He looks like a little man!!

BEFORE AND AFTER







Now that the boys have different hair, they look even less alike, further confusing people when we go out in public. We like to mess with people and tell them William is our adopted son from Nicaragua. Sometimes it's Afghanistan. Just depends on our mood.










David had another asthma incident, looks like this is going to be an ongoing thing. Thank god they have so many meds available (unlike my childhood when they shot you up with adrenalin). Then again, not sure pumping the kid up with steroids is any better. Ah, well. He's better, that's all that matters. We have an appt with an allergist (for the possible peanut allergy) in a few weeks.

It's been a while since I got some "good" shots of "the brothers," so here goes with some fluff.

Mommy and David




Daddy & David





Daddy and William









William with Sofia's Dorothy the Dinosaur hat (he's a little obsessed with hats)


We were invited to a birthday party for one of Sofia's school BFF's this weekend at Happy Hollow. It was so much fun, what a great little zoo for the little ones. It closes in July for over a year while they refurbish it. It's going to be amazing when they are done. They have small animals there (lemurs, meercats, goats) so Sofia kept asking where the tigers were.

No comments: