CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm Alive in Well in Texas

So just so you know, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. On Wednesday, Sofia and I flew to Austin, Texas to visit our best friends. It's been an *actual* vacation for us and I'm having such a good time.

Yesterday, we drove a few hours south to San Antonio, to a kick ass resort. It's situated on extensive grounds & is incredibly family oriented with multiple pools, activities, a lazy river, etc. It's really like a vacation, for the most part. I mean, it's the kind of sticky, humid hot that one only experiences in the south and Sofia is her usual high maintenance self, so it could never be a real vacation, but it's been great. I actually had a margarita poolside yesterday and let me tell you, it's been YEARS since I did that.

Lots of things to do, Sea World today (complete with feeding dolphins and lunch with Shamu), girl bonding time for all, room service and ,multiple bottles of wine. What more could one want? The accents are cute too. Sometimes, I forget where I am and then I talk to someone or overhear a conversation and hear the drawl. It's actually quite charming.

I've talked to Steve a few times and the boys are doing great. I miss them terribly, but apparently not enough to make me homesick...yet. :) We're back to Austin tomorrow, then Sunday - home.

The girls within minutes of getting to Austin. Sofia was into Bella's dress up stuff within mock speed.



Sofia enjoying the water area at Sea World today.



Shamu showing off.




Photobucket

2 comments:

M's Mom said...

It sounds as if you are having a blast. I am glad that your trip is fabulous and you are all having fun! Enjoy the remainder of the trip.

Gina said...

Margaritas AND those cute Texan accents...sounds like the perfect trip to me! I love Texas! :)

Thanks for your comment...the only thing I need to know is where I will most likely spot celebrities. I wish I was kidding. I'm not.