CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Trying on Thankfulness For Size

I'll preface this by saying that I want Steve to get a job more than anything in the entire world. I go about my business, day after day, looking for work for both of us, never seeming to get anywhere, but overall, I think I am coming to some sort of acceptance about the way things seem to be going. Come end of the month time, the anxiety sets in as the unpaid stack of bills demand that our bank account bleed money.

That said.

There are perks to having a husband out of work. Case in point. This morning. I Slept in until 7:30, went for a walk at the beach (alone), then went to playgroup with one, only ONE of the boys. I was even able to stop along the way and get coffee.

My husband doesn't clean and do the laundry the way I would, but the point is he does it and I am grateful for this. I have to believe that all of this is for a bigger reason than I will ever understand. When I look back on the twins first 6 months and how stressful it was with Steve being out of work, I realize that if he had not been out of work, I am not sure how I would have gotten by, emotionally and physically. Things were fairly brutal as it was, had he been at work most of the time, I may have not just gone to the edge of the precipice, but may have fallen over into the abyss. Big pictures? Maybe it's just meant to be that he's with the boys right now, since I'm not able to be.

I go to playgroup and thoroughly enjoy this group of intelligent, eclectic women. I realize how blessed I am to live where I do (for now) and have the life I do (for now.) Do I struggle with a deep seated, aching envy that these women are all stay at home moms, living the life I want so desparately? Absolutely. But I'm trying to stay positive and truly be thankful for all that I do have.

And on another note. Does it make me a complete freak to admit that I have already packed Sofia's suitcase for our trip to Austin next Wednseday? Don't answer that. (I will say that it's hot in Austin, so I was able to pack all her summer clothes that she isn't wearing here)


Photobucket

1 comment:

MommyAmy said...

This is probably the most positive post you've written in a long time! I'm glad to hear that you're trying to see the bright side of things, while of course still hoping for better. I'm sure in time Steve will find work. Things WILL get better. This recession can't last forever. Hugs to you and your family!