CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!



We had an amazing time at the Happiest Place on Earth but it was much more crowded than I anticipated, so we didn't do a whole bunch of riding on rides. Apparently, no one clued in the Disneyland people that we're in a global recession or possible global pandemic. There were hordes of people as far as the eye could see, spending money and exchanging germs.

The days were full. Between the princess lunch, the Princess Fantasy Faire, the royal treatment at the Bippity Boppity Boutique and meeting up with my L.A. friend and her kids, there was nary a moment to spare. By Friday night, we were both exhausted beyond belief and I think, ready to get home.

Imagine my surprise upon reaching LAX on Saturday morning to find out that my Alaska airline flight had been changed to an American Airlines flight, which meant about a mile walk to another terminal. We were greeted by sheer chaos there and for a while, I was not sure I'd be able to check in in time to catch our flight, even though we had allowed plenty of time. We finally got through all of that insanity, then security to arrive at the gate with the news of possible rain delays into San Francisco. I was shocked. Planes fly in rain quite a bit, I know I have. Steve told me it wasn't stormy, was drizzling a bit. I can only surmise that the delay was from fog, not rain. The morning fog had bumped all the flights back.

We then had to sit there for a few hours while they provided information on a piecemeal basis my anxiety level rising with every passing announcement. Sofia was an absolute mess by then, kept wanting to lay on the floor, not understanding why I would not let her. Meanwhile, people are walking around with face masks on. In all the chaos, I completely forgot that I was in the "Thirty Mile Zone" and to look around for the TMZ cameras or celebrities. (I'm kidding...sort of)

We did eventually arrive home, after a 3 hour delay. Not a huge deal if I was alone, but with a cranky, exhausted child, I'd be hard pressed to imagine a situation I'd less like to be in at that moment. (I exaggerate) I would not like to wait in another line for a very long time.

I will hopefully have some pictures to share soon. All the running around and sore feet was worth it seeing Sofia's face when greeted by the princesses. What a kick.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh....my...GOSH. That picture of Sofia is priceless. Can't wait to see more. And I'll look for you on TMZ. :)

Brittany Ann said...

Ugh. Airports are my worst nightmare. Seriously. I hate how they deliver the updates piecemeal too. I'm glad you guys had fun, though, and I can't wait to see the princess pics!