CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Semi Worse Case Scenario

So, despite my imbibing in several margaritas at my office Cinco de Mayo party yesterday, then having to take care of the kids - who were bouncing off the walls - when we returned home (highlighted by David vomiting on me after eating a tamale too fast), I woke up in a great mood this morning.

My mood was short lived.

My boss was called in to corporate. Unexpectedly. I did not - as you can imagine - get a good feeling about this.

Turned out, my anxiety was deserved. She came back to tell me that they had asked her to take a "significant" pay cut and gave her a head's up that if things didn't pick up over the past few months, there was a high likelihood that they'd be closing a few more offices, ours included.

I am certainly not shocked. I've known this is coming for a while now, but still found myself shaking upon hearing this. 3 kids and 2 unemployed parents is something I was hoping to avoid. I drove around for an hour, knowing I had errands to run, but not able to remember any of them - for the life of me.

My husband is being his regular "Glass Half Full" guy - thank GOD for that. It's going to be ok, we're going to be ok, yada yada yada. Meanwhile, I feel like I'm going to throw up.

I think all of this business is going to accelerate our need to look out of the area for a new job, instead of focusing any effort on this area. It's all going to pan out the way it's supposed to, so no use fretting too much. (Oh, who am I kidding?)

It could be worse. It could be so much worse. Doesn't really help my emotional state right now, but I keep trying to keep some perspective.

Thank god I'm on Wellbutrin, that's all I can really say right now.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Oh my gosh! I would feel the same way. Hang in there. (I know you know that, but I think we're a lot a like, so I'd probably feel the same way you're feeling, and I know that's no fun.)

I really hope things pick up and that office doesn't close. Until then, I hope other opportunities present themselves for you.

THinking of you!

The Girl Next Door said...

Oh this would scare me to vomit right along with your son. People keep asking me why I'm working so much overtime when I'm supposed to be part time. Duh. Job Security! They are showing people the door and I'd like NOT to be one of them! Hang in there - we're praying for you!

Gina said...

I am like your husband. One way or another, everything WILL be fine. In the meantime though, I am sorry. It does suck.

Jen said...

Your husband is right -- it is going to be okay. It is. Not because things work out for *everyone*, because we all know they don't, but because you have a support system. I don't think I could have gotten through the last year without my bloggy support system, and I want you to know that I'm here for you.

It will be okay.