CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Back to Reality



So, we are home - happily - back in the fog.

During the plane ride home, the stars aligned and Sofia fell asleep during takeoff and slept like a rock for the.entire.flight. She was sleeping so heavily that I was briefly concerned I'd not be able to roust her and have to carry her through the airport. It did take a good 5 minutes to wake her up, the girl was fried.

Aside from the usual anxiety producing turbulence (I hate flying and it never gets easier for me) it was a delightful flight. I had beverages, snacks, magazines and Direct TV in front of me. I watched the Hills season finale and the MTV Movie Awards while my princess dozed peacefully next to me. You just don't *get* much better than that.

I am now back home, back to the reality. Shortly before I left, my company eliminated a position and I was asked to take on some of the work. I have a meeting this afternoon to go over all of that. It's not going to be fun, this new workload, but obviously, I am going to roll with things because...well...I don't really have a choice right now.

Highlight of the flight back home? In one of the airport stores, checking out, Sofia repeatedly looking up at the magazine rack and saying "Micca has a shirt like that. The bunny shirt. Look. The bunny shirt. Micca has one of those!" (referring to one of her preschool teachers.) I was trying to balance my backpack, wallet, debit card, etc. so was only half listening. She kept tugging on my shirt, insisting I look up. In a very blonde moment, I was literally looking for a magazine with a rabbit on it. I was quite perplexed as to what she was referring to.

Then I saw it. Several rows of the Playboy emblem. Her preschool teacher has a "bunny" shirt. Beautiful.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Gina said...

I hate flying too. A lot. It's the only thing I am not looking forward to about my trip to Cali!!

BagMomma said...

I can commisserate on the job front. I took on extra work from several folks eliminated, and I dutifully am doing my job in order to keep it.

(Steve's company's filed Chap. 11 yesterday... yeah, uh huh, that one)... so we are bracing for the final ax for him.

Need to catch up on the last few episodes of The Hills. Nothing like that to escape reality for awhile. lol.

M's Mom said...

A bunny shirt...hmmm. Funny that it is "appropriate" for a preschool teacher to wear one.