CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Prayers Needed

I had intended to write a lighthearted blog post today, but I just got some news that made that impossible. I am not a big prayer person, but I will be saying one today, in fact, I will be saying many.

A very good friend of mine gave birth to her second baby yesterday. The birth went perfectly and he was born a whopping 10 lbs 10 oz. Today, I found out that the baby has been transferred to a NICU at a different hospital as the doctors suspect he has cardiomyopathy. I cannot even begin to imagine the trauma that being separated from him has caused, not to mention the profound concern for his health. I am absolutely heartbroken at this news. There is no clear diagnosis yet, so I am hoping the doctors are wrong. I did just google newborn cardiomyopathy and really, really wish I hadn't.

If you are out there in cyberspace, please say a prayer for my friend and her baby.

Photobucket

4 comments:

BagMomma said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Sending many prayers your way that it is something fixable. ;-(

Gina said...

Before I entered blogworld, I was not a big prayer person either...but I have sort of become one now. Regardless of your religious beliefs, I think prayer is good, and powerful, and can't hurt. Therefore, I will be praying for your friend and the baby.

Jen said...

I will pray for your friend and the baby too. It is absolutely amazing the things they can repair surgically now. I hope they discover that the problem is one that can be fixed with time and medication, and he and his mom are together at home very soon.

Viv said...

I will keep them in my prayers.