CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 12, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday - June 12, 2009

I am feeling scattered today, so I think a 7 Quick Takes is in order.

1. I have rediscovered the library. I do tend to get a bit ridiculous at the library, checking out so many books, I need a dolly to get them to the car. I exaggerate, but not by much. The irony of it all is that I never have time to read!! I did check out a slew of books for Sofia (I get so bored with the same ones) and a few for myself. A few on parenting, writing memoirs and one on an Ab diet. Well rounded, indeed.

2. The boys are in the midst of a full blown language explosion. It's about 7 months late, but it's here. It dawned on me the other evening while they were all chattering away that pretty soon, I won't be able to get in a word edgewise. Be careful what you wish for, right?

3. I'm knee deep in work AT work and it's seriously cutting into my blogging time. This just won't do. There's some political BS stuff accompanying the additional workload (apparently, someone else wanted the additional workload as the person who proves themselves becomes the golden child in this unstable economy, or that is the perception) and it's making an already sucky job even mores stressful as I feel that I have little support, in fact, there are people waiting for me to F'up.

4. Sofia has seemed to come out from her incredibly unpleasant last few weeks and become much more fun to be around. We'll see how long that lasts.

5. My friend is still at the hospital with her baby and he does seem to be improving. She is taking it one day at a time, but they are telling her he may need a heart transplant down the road. Right now, it's looking like medication and monitoring. My heart goes out to her in a major way as she suffered greatly with infertility and miscarriage before having this second baby. Life is just so f'ing unfair sometimes.

6. I told the mother's club web momma that I may need to give up the web content gig come September, due to the likely move. She was disappointed, but understood and I think they've already found a replacement. I've enjoyed doing the work and have learned a great deal. I have been able to fine tune my writing with a monthly article to the newsletter (about the website) and also being in charge of the home page content. Which brings me to #7...

7. The move back. It's all very bittersweet. I'm trying to think of ways to make 3 kids in one room work, so if anyone out there has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm thinking a bunk bed with trundle, Sofia on top, boys on bottom. We have to maximize space, the house is - in case you weren't around for when we lived there - 840 sq ft. That's right. We (the 5 of us) are going to live in a dollhouse. A dollhouse in one of the most expensive areas in the country, but a dollhouse non theless. I've made peace with the inevitable and to be painfully honest, I need to be where it's sunny. And near my friends. And my work. And Target. Not going to lie.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Gina said...

Oooh. My husband promised me some Gina time tomorrow and I might just have to hit up the library. Thanks for the idea!