CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Perfect Storm

I feel like the suckiest blogger around. The past week has just been a whirlwind of I'm not even sure what.

Easter was ok. The kids loved their incredibly simplistic easter baskets, thank goodness. I think it helped that there was zero buildup to the whole Easter thing, so it was just a pleasant surprise for them. They received play-doh, jelly beans and one book each. That seemed to keep them occupied for most of the morning.

Our friends had an easter egg hunt and that was a lot of fun. Well. Until I noticed that every egg had a peanut butter cup or peanut butter egg in it. (David has a peanut allergy.) I spent the rest of the morning, chasing after him, making sure he didn't get one of the peanut butter eggs. No small feat, let me tell you.

Easter dinner at the in-laws was kind of a disaster. The combination of a long, busy weekend, skipped naps, copious amounts of sugar, overstimulation and standard 2 year old boy antics = the perfect storm by 6 p.m. Sunday, right in the midst of Easter dinner.

There was some ensuing tension between my sister in law and I that had me fuming all the way home last night and vowing to not speak to her, like, ever again. Her and I go way back with occasional tension and/or animosity, so this is nothing new, but she took it to a new level of bitchiness this time. I don't even have the mental fortitude to go into it here and now, but trust me, she was out of line and I won't be shaking this one off lightly, like I have in the past.

Alrighty then! Hope everyone else's Easters were fun! Sofia actually did great. I was just in a funk all weekend, so Easter dinner just sort of piled on to that. I'll snap out of it. Eventually.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Gina said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who has SIL issues. Glad overall, your Easter was good.

Brittany Ann said...

Hang in there! SILs can be big pains!

The Girl Next Door said...

Ok so I've spent 20 years all "my SIL is so great" b/c she does have her good points even if she drives me crazy and my kids, after 1 week with her on the road? "OH MOM I never knew how CONTROLLING Aunt SIL is! Egad don't ever make me go anywhere with her again! No wonder her 16 YO daughter hates her!" Wow. Music to my ears in a way.

here's hoping your week improves!