CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day o' Partays

So yesterday was busy. Birthday party for Sofia's little boyfriend, then sister in law's surprise 40th birthday party in the evening. At the last minute, we decided to bring Sofia (thanks to a late nap) and she was so excited. As usual, she worked the room the entire night. When we were leaving, everyone kept saying "You're LEAVING?" to her in a genuinely disappointed tone. I tell ya, I could learn a thing or two about mingling from little Miss Thang.

My sister in law was genuinely surprised. This I know because she showed up with no makeup on. Natch, the men had planned the party and their "ruse" to get her there was to "play poker," so she shows up in jeans with no makeup. It never occurred to them, because they are men, that she would not be dressed up for her party. I could tell she was a little embaressed at first, but a few Black Russians later and it didn't seem as though she had a care in the world.

The Brazilian nanny was a smashing success. The boys loved her and didn't even cry when we left. They were saying "Bye Bye" and waving at the window. I thought they would freak when we left w/Sofia, but not. They were quite mesmerized by her. She played games with them, read them stories. etc. When I explained how to use the remote, she told me that her host family does not have television. I was speechless. I think she studied most of the night. Yeah, this one's a keeper.

Today is Baby Loves Disco. I can't wait to see how the boys do. Last time we went, they weren't walking. Yesterday, William was dancing along with Yo Gabba Gabba (my new FAVORITE show, btw - the boys love it ), so I suspect he will be shaking his butt on the dance floor today.

Photobucket

2 comments:

MommyAmy said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend! My girls have suddenly become a lot more interested in music and dancing, every time a song ends (even if it's just a commercial) Ziva will clap and say, "Yay!" I bet they would love Baby Disco! I wonder if they do that anywhere around my neck of the woods.

Cynthia said...

Did you catch Jack Black on YGG today? Loved it!