CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ah, Yes, the Birthday Party...

Everything went quite well. Ariel showed up on time, in full mermaid regalia. Her wig was a bit matted and she looked like a "nightclub Ariel" (as one guest commented) but the kids *loved* her. She told a great story, did a mean face paint (for the boys too, she did spider man and batman) and has glittery false eyelashes. What more could one ask for? Oh, and she had parked around the corner, so when she walked off to leave, all the kids thought she was really returning to the ocean. Perfection.

Pretty much everyone, with the exception of a few, showed up. There were kids *everywhere* - My sister in law (the one I have a contentious relationship with) was absent with her older boys (at a baseball game) for most of the party and it was quite nice. My other sister in law was there and incredibly helpful to me. I even got to talk a little reality television talk with someone. My sister in law watches the children of a local newscaster, so I invited them to the party. I had met her a few times, but boy what a sweetheart. She told me that she was sorority sisters with one of the cast members on "Tough Love" (VH1 - one of my current favorites) so we had lots to dish about.

The jumpie was a hit and William was a maniac in there!! David slept for most of the party and was quite confused when he awoke to a house with 40 people in it. I had also set up little stations where kids could work on some puzzles and crafts (foam pads with little cut out shapes), so there was lots to keep the kids occupied.

I felt it was just the right mix of family, friends and pre-school friends. Everyone seemed to have a good time, with the last non family guest leaving around 6 and the last family guests leaving around 8:30, after helping me clean up. The highlight, my sweet Portugese neighbor giving us a pinata that we proceeded to hang from a rope in front of the house. Picture 20 kids beating the crap out of a pinata on my front lawn. It was fabulous!

I will have photos to share soon. There was a professional photographer friend there and I'm waiting to get what he has before posting my mediocre shots.

I do have a few shots, the morning after as Sofia poses with all her bootie, face painting still intact, bathing suit on - ready for action. Can you sense a theme here?







Photobucket

3 comments:

Gina said...

Glad you had such a great party! She is such a doll.

trisha said...

Congrats for having a successful party! I hope you have a GREAT time at Disneyland, (Or as we call it at my house the "Magic Kingdom" so my kids have no idea what we are talking about when we are planning a day there!)

Cathy said...

That was an awesome party for Sofia.. She looked gorgeous in her gown.. Love it!