CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Just Keep Swimming



Behold the princess at her pre-school birthday celebration, devouring a cupcake.

I am so.bone.tired.

Costco has been visited. Chairs have been stood upon, decorations laboriously hung with thumb tacks - glittery fish and colorful, mermaid riddled streamers. Yard chairs have been arranged. Arrangements have been confirmed with Ariel (a.k.a. "Bryce") and the jumpie company. Food items have been planned, always hopeful there is enough, when in reality there is probably too much. Rain is no longer in the forecast (*thank you, GOD*) so the only downer will be ground fog and the icy, ocean breeze. But I'm not complaining. Cold I can handle, wet I cannot. I was having visions of the jumpie turning into a nightmare slip-and-slide with litigation following.

In the morning, Sofia will find out about the trip to Disneyland next week. I considered waiting until the night before we leave to tell her, but honestly, so many people at this party know about the trip, I'm afraid the surprise will be blown if I don't say something. And let's be honest, I am bursting at the seams to tell her. I made a card with a photo of me, Sofia, an airplane and the Disney castle. I feel like it's Christmas Eve!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Gina said...

You should videotape the moment when she finds out! Can't wait to hear all about it. :) Hoping for at least a little warmth!

MommyAmy said...

Yup, I agree! Be sure to have the camcorder going when you do the big reveal! How exciting! I hope the party goes off without a hitch. :)))