CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Of Shampoo and Jesus

Raining cats and dogs these days. Huge, ancient trees snapped in half like twigs, flooded streets and intermittent power outtages. Not so much fun, but I'll take this over tornadoes and hurricanes and snow, anyday.

Lunch with friends today. "Cheese boogers and fench fies" at Red Robin. Good times. Sofia having a lack of nap induced meltdown in the midst of Sears refrigerator department, not good times. "I wanna frih-gerrrr-ayyyy-torrrr" which meant she wanted to open and close the door of every appliance in the dept. When I stopped her from doing this, she threw herself on the ground and made herself limp when I attempted to lift her up. Ahhhh yes, the limp toddler maneuver. Nothing worse than that. Worst part was that I hauled my cookies down there in an attempt to see the one I want only to discover they don't carry it. I still haven't purchased it, keep getting distracted. Can't imagine why...

I must brag a bit here and mention that I took the first step and organized my fridge today while the twins napped. This as a huge step for me. My freezer is beautifully in order with main courses on one shelf, veggies on another, side dishes on one and breakfast items on the bottom. Yey me. It's the little things. Next task, the pantry. My goal is to not grocery shop for 2 weeks. I am allowed to buy milk or bread, coffee creme or eggs, diapers or formula, that sort of thing, but absolutely no big food shopping. I must use what we have, that's the rule. Between what we have in the pantry and the fridge, should not be a problem. I just discovered that I've been spending about $150-300 a week on groceries and end up that's got to stop. That's ridiculous, we don't eat half of it.

I captured Miss Thang doing what she does best. Hamming it up. She was reading herself a story last night, something she is doing more and more. Her readings are a mish mash of repeating the same phrase over and over, manipulating her voice to rise and fall with the story she has made up, throwing in little random things that comprise her experiences of the day. This can include anything from shampoo to Jesus and everything in between. Here's a little taste...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vvpgdu6f8g8

No comments: