CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mommy is Toast

So my back has been hurting me a lot lately. The strain of lifting all 3 kids regularly is really getting to me. Plus, being sedentary, out of shape and overweight isn't helping. Working on changing that, I did make it to the gym on Sunday and am trying to make better eating choices, will rejoin Weight Watchers if not this week, then next. I wanted to eat all the food in my freezer before starting WW, then start with a clean slate once the fridge arrives, pack it with only healthy things. Anyhoo - Sofia grabs my hand and wants me to lift her up, playing this game where I hold her hands and she lifts her body up and leans back. I was like "No, honey, I can't right now - my back is toast..."


She stops and looks at me, then says "Turn around..."


I say "Huh?"


"Turn around, mommy...Where's your toast?"


Again I say "What?" I'm really perplexed. Then, I burst out laughing as I realize she is looking for toast on my back.


Ahhh, it's like having a non native speaker in the house. No wonder English is the hardest language to learn. Moments like that make it all so clear why it would be!

No comments: