CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 25, 2008

I Don't Know How You Do It



There is one phrase that I hear on a fairly consistent basis.

"I don't know how you do it" or a variation of that..."How do you do it?"
I have one word for them. Naps. Cosistent, daily naps. (well, that and the escape a.k.a my 30 hr a wk job)

It's my 1-3 hours of the day I can count on to be predictable. Some time to throw in laundry, clean up a bit, maybe eat lunch, take a shower, etc.
Well, the twins have decided that they are going to drop their second nap.

As my daughter didn't drop the second nap until she was 20 months old, I am ill prepared for my dynamic duo to drop down to one nap per day.
Despite my best attempts (have tried to separate them, rock them, talk some sense into them) they are still refusing to do it.

Couple that with a 2 year and 9 month old who is also fighting/getting close to dropping her one nap and/or making mucho noise throughout our teeny house, waking the twins and you've got a harried, cranky mom.

I know, things could be ever so much worse. It wasn't that long ago that they would only sleep in bouncy chairs, swaddled, paci in mouth and I had to sleep on the couch, go to bed at 7 p.m. and feed them every 2 hours. I was a walking zombie, sleep deprived and deeply depressed. Thing are really quite good in comparison.

I need to keep remembering that.

Despite the lack of sleep, they are still pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself.

No comments: