CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Slice of Life - Day ? Freaky Wednesday

The scene - my Bathroom, this morning.

I was hastily putting on my makeup, which is the rule more than the exception these days. Sofia is perched on her trike in the hallway, curiously watching me.

"Is that makeup?"

"Yes, sweetie. It is," I replied.

"Can I wear makeup?" she inquired.

"No, little ones don't wear makeup. Just mommies."

She paused, then said. "Someday I'm gonna be a mommy and I'm gonna wear makeup."

I didn't have the time or energy to get into a discussion of whether or not she would be "into" makeup or how you don't have to actually be a mommy to wear makeup, her being barely 3 and all, so replied "Yes, sweetie, you will."

She then paused again. "Tomorrow you be Sofia and I be Mommy!" she announced.

"Tomorrow, eh?" I laughed, thinking of the movie Freaky Friday (the one with Jodie Foster, NOT Lindsey Lohan)

"Yes! Tomorrow."

"Ok," I said "I'll be Sofia." I then proceeded to talk in (my version of) her voice and got her smiling. I realized two things - my daughter does have quite a lisp and I seem to take great pleasure in imitating her. Note to self. Look into cartoon voice-over work.

At this point, she lost interest and disappeared. Her being a toddler and the silence quite deafening, I popped my head out the door to see what she was into. She was in the laundry basket, trying to open an umbrella. I asked what she was doing.

"Taking a shower!" she exclaimed.

Well, of course! How could I have missed that?

No comments: