CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Reality check time

So, I have a huge high school reunion coming up this spring. It's for the entire 80's, so covers my graduating class, as well as my brother's and his wife's. They are going, so I have decided to go. I sent my check in today. ($95 per person, I might add)

Now, I'm wondering what I am getting myself into? It's at some lame local hotel, probably in one of the ballrooms. I won't know anyone. At my 10 year reunion, it was all the student government types, certainly not the gang I ran with. The gang I ran with either didn't graduate, transferred to the "drop out" school or sort of disappeared. Still, I can't help but hope there may be some familiar faces. Oh sweet jesus, what the hell am I going to wear??????

The impending party has given me sort of a reality check. I have let my weight skyrocket since the whole prednisone-weight-gain thing. I work out sporadically, but know from experience that it's going to take more than that. So, I've officially decided to join Weight Watchers again. It's served me well in the past, I lost 40 lbs before my wedding. For me, I have to attend meetings and that is the hardest part of all. In a week that leaves little to zero spare time, I somehow need to squeeze a meeting in and be committed to going. It's not going to be easy. Clearly the fact that it's $40 a month to attend isn't enough to get me there. My credit card has been charged this $40 a month since last October, when I rejoined the first time. Have I attended any meetings since then? No. I am aiming for going this Friday.

It's time to get serious. Off to eat my subway turkey sandwich now. (7 points). I already looked up my dinner (round table chicken garlic thin crust for 4 points a piece!).

Wish me luck...

***

Today was William's follow up neurologist appointment to check his development. (He had a skull fracture last June, then subdural hematomas in September most likely from the skull fracture - very long story) We were given the all clear by the neurologist, he appears to be meeting all the expected developmental milestones. He said not to worry about the commando crawling, that some children don't crawl at all.

Whew! That was a huge relief. Ready to put all of that behind us.

No comments: