CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Living in the Moment...and Princesses




Once again, I find myself lagging on this whole Blog thing. I am always thinking of things to Blog about, but by the time I actually make it to the computer, I am too tired to write. Then, when I am available to write online, I can't seem to find any motivation. Maybe I do need a blackberry.

So, yeah. Much to my chagrin, Sofia is becoming increasingly interested in all things princess oriented. While watching the Oscars, she was calling any woman in a formal gown and updo a "princess" saying she wants to "go see the lady." This is partly due to her recent interest in dolls and all thinks girlie, but mostly because she knows we are going to see the Disney princesses on ice on Saturday. When we were in Disneyland last November, we saw so many little girls (mostly preschoolers) running around with their princess dresses on over their regular clothes. My eyes rolled back so far into my head, I almost fell over. I swore I would never let Sofia do that, I would never be *that* mom.

Why do I get the feeling I am going to be eating my words here in short order?

***

So, we transitioned Miss Sofia into her own big girl bed over the weekend. We did attempt to do this about 5 months ago and it was such a dismal disaster, I was afraid to try again. Much to my delight, she slept in the bed all night with no problem. She didn't get out, didn't cry, it was - dare I say - easy? Same for naps the next day and again, overnight sleep. Maybe my waiting until she was almost 3 (pure laziness) was a good thing? Time will tell. The real test is going to be in a few weeks when the twins join her in the nursery. I'm not sure how she's going to feel about sharing her room, but she'd better get used to it. I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon. Steve likes his job and seems to be thriving, plus the flexibility is nothing to sneeze at. I have a great schedule and good health insurance. (trying to look at the positive here)

Other than the sleeping arrangements, having 3 kids in a 2 bedroom house (840 square feet) is thus far incredibly challenging but not unmanageable. My life would be much easier had I another bedroom (or two) a dishwasher (*gasp* I know, 3 under 3 and no dishwasher) and a larger washer/dryer, but then I think of the "olden days" when people had 4 or 5 kids in a house such as mine (and they were considered well off by the standards of the day), probably had to wash even their clothes by hand and I feel silly for complaining. I'm trying to live more in the moment, appreciate what we do have and not be so focused on what we don't have. *huuuuuummmmm*

But if the new sleeping arrangements prevents my children from sleeping well, we're moving. This mamma needs her sleep.

No comments: