CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 12, 2007

Change 'O' Plans

So there's been a change of plans. My NST went great, lots of activity, fluid, etc. Afterwards, I met with the perinatologist. I've had high blood pressure in this pregnancy and have been on medication since about 15 weeks...

Originally, my doctor had based the c/section date on expectations of my blood pressure rising in the end (I'd be at 36 w, 6d or thereabouts). My blood pressure is doing great, hasn't risen at all, so he said if I had my heart set on having a c/section this week, we could do an amnio to check for lung maturity...or we could just put it off for 5 more days or so as there's really no need to take them early now. I decided to skip the amnio and just put it off into next week, when I'll be about 37w 5d or thereabouts. I feel good about it, gives me some more time and also increases the chances that they won't have NICU time. Now, I just don't want to go into labor between now and then! lol Anyhoo -- that's the latest from here...

No comments: